Quick Statutory Maternity Pay (SMP)
You can quickly record SMP and keep track of employee’s maternity leave using the Quick SMP option.
- Go into your Payroll, then click Change Process Date.
- Enter the required process date, then click OK.
- Select the required employee, then click Employee.
- Click Recording Maternity.
If a message appears advising that you have already paid SMP to this employee, to record details for another child, click Yes.
- If the employee has given you suitable medical evidence, select this check box.
- Enter the date the baby is expected to be born.
- To check the employee’s entitlement, click Check Entitlement.
- Enter the date the employee last worked before starting her maternity leave.
SMP does not start until this date and cannot start more than 11 weeks prior to the expected date of birth.
- If known, enter the date the baby is born.
You can enter this information at a later date when the baby is born. If the baby is born late and the employee’s last date of work is after the expected date of birth, you must enter the actual date of birth. If the baby is born more than 11 weeks early, please enter the date and refer to step 11.
- If the employee chooses to end her maternity leave, enter the date she returns to work.
- If applicable, click Special Circumstances and complete the relevant information.
- Click OK then click Earnings during set period.
- Click OK then check the key dates and if required, print the form using the link then click Save.
The SMP calculates automatically, up to your current process date. To check the amounts open Enter Payments then click the Summary tab then check the value in the Current column.
If you would like help recording SMP or need any other help or advice with your payroll please contact us
Running Reports for previous financial year
If you want to run management reports such as a balance sheet, profit and loss or trial balance report for a previous year, the best option is to run the report from within the previous year’s archive data.
If you didn’t archive your data and you have not cleared the audit trail you can for the relevant period run transactional reports.
Please note Sage 50cloud Accounts Essentials does not include these reports and you will need to use your archive data.
Running Reports from Archive Data
To run a report from your Archive Data
1. Go to File > Open > Company Archive
2. Select the year you require and click OK
3. Enter your login name and password as normal and click OK.
4. You can now run any report as normal.
Running Transactional Management reports
You will first need to locate you ledger year end journals.
1. On the Navigation pane, click Transactions.
2. In the search window, type Ledger Year End, then press enter.
3. Check the date field to confirm the financial year end journals for the required year.
4. Make a note of the transaction numbers of the first and last ledger year end journals.
Running the report
1. Click Nominals then click Reports.
2. Click the relevant management report. For example Profit and Loss.
3. Click the Transaction Profit and Loss report, then click Preview.
4. In the Criteria window, set the criteria
5. Click OK.
If you would like help running reports for a previous year, achieving your data Sage or need any other help etc. or would like a quote or to purchase an upgrade please contact us
The new version of Sage 50cloud accounting will be released in September, more information to follow.
If you would like more information on the new Sage 50cloud Accounts when it is released please contact us