Sage have just announced that they are going to reverse their recent price increase on their Sage desktop subscription offerings.
If you would any more information on any Sage product and how it can help your business please do not hesitate to contact us
Get ready for the new tax year
The new tax year starts on 6th April 2020. Before you process wages in the new tax year you need to complete a few simple tasks to set up your software
Check you’re using the correct version
This year due to the late Budget, before you can process in the new tax year you must install v26.01
To check that you have installed Sage 50cloud Payroll V26.01
- On the menu bar, click Help then click About.
- In the Program Details section, check your version number starts with 01.
If your version number doesn’t start with 26.01, you need to download and install v26.01 before processing any wages in the new tax year.
Update your employees’ tax codes
For the 2020/21 tax year, the personal allowance remains at £12,500. This means that you don’t need to update the tax codes for your employees using the Global Changes option this year. However, you should still clear any week 1/ month 1 and check your IR Secure Mailbox for any new tax code notifications.
Clear the week 1/ month 1 flags
- On the toolbar, click Clear, then click Swap.
- Click Tasks, then click Global Changes.
- Click Tax codes, then click Clear W1/M1 flag.
- Click Yes, then click OK.
If you are eligible for the employment allowance or small employers’ relief, you need to set your software to automatically claim them.
From the 2020/21 tax year, there are new rules for claiming the employment allowance. You now need to apply to claim the employment allowance at the beginning of each tax year.
Small employers’ relief
- Click Company then click Settings.
- Select the Eligible for Small Employers’ Relief check box.
- Click OK.
New legislation for the 2020/2021 tax year
Once you completed the above tasks and you have completed your year end you can continue to process in the new tax year.
Sage 50cloud Payroll v26.01 contains the legislation changes for the 2020/2021 tax year.
Configure your toolbars and columns
Sage have made Sage 50cloud Accounts more efficient by enabling you to configure the desktop to hide what you don’t need and make the options you need more easier to find on a regular basis. You can also choose to display extra data columns that would normally be hidden to suit your needs. You can configure:
- Modules on the navigation bar
- Toolbar options within each module
- Data columns
- Right-click anywhere on the navigation bar down the left hand side.
- From the list click the module you want to show or hide.
- Repeat step 1 and 2 for each change you want to make.
- Open the required module, for example Customers.
- Right-click the toolbar and choose the option you want to show or hide. The options that are currently visible on the toolbar are ticked.
- Repeat step 2 for each change you want to make.
You can configure the columns in each ledger, for example, Customers and Suppliers, plus many additional windows with lists or grid views.
- From the relevant window, right-click any column heading.
The columns that are currently visible are ticked.
- Click the column you want to add or remove.
To reset the column view to the default, right-click an existing column, then click Use Defaults.