Is there a journal or journals you need to enter every month such as a month end accounting journals or a salary journal. If you have entries that you post regularly you can use the Memorise and Recall options to save you time and prevent mistakes
Memorise the Journal
- Nominal Codes > Journal entry
- Enter the information as normal into your journal, but before you click Save, click ‘Memorise’.
- Filename* – enter a file name.
- Description – enter a description of the journal eg Monthly Wages
- Click Save.
- Click Recall.
- Scroll down the list of saved journals till you find the one you want then click Load.
- You can the date, amend the Reference or department or details, change a nominal code or a debit or credit.
- You can add or delete lines by using F7 to insert a line and F8 to delete a line.
Memo: remember the journal must balance before you can save it.
Editing Memorised Journals
You can edit memorised journals if the information is changing on a permanent basis.
- Click Recall.
- Scroll down the list of saved journals till you find the one you want then to make the changes to and make a note of the exact file name, then click Load.
- Amend the journal as required, then click ‘Memorise’.
- Use the same file name as noted in point 2.
- Click yes to the message ‘Overwrite Contents’ and your changes will be saved.
Memo: If you have got ‘Copy skeleton journal values’ ticked in ‘Company Preferences’ > ‘Parameters’ you can save the Debits and Credits on your memorised journal.
If you would like help setting up memorised journals or need any other help with your Sage Accounts, please contact us