Payroll- Running Reports in Sage 50cloud Payroll
Sage 50 Payroll contains many reports to help you get the information you need from your software, and there are different ways to run those reports. You can print the report, preview it with or without printing, as it as a file or even email it.
You can run pre-update reports by clicking Payroll, then Pre-update Reports. These reports provide information about the current un-updated pay run, including payslips and payment summary reports.
For updated pay periods, you can run reports from the Reports option above your employee list. These reports provide information about updated pay periods, year end, legislation and company information, and other useful details.
You can access historical reports from by clicking Payroll, then Printing Historical Reports. In this area, you can run reports for all updated pay periods in Sage 50cloud Payroll, including previous tax years, without the need to change your process date.
Preview or print a document
You can view a report on screen by preview, or you can print a physical copy onto paper using the Print option.
- Select the required document you want, for example a Form P32 – Employer Payment Record.
- To preview the report, click Preview.
- To print the document click Print, check your printer settings then click OK.
Save a document to file
It’s easy to save a document to file and there is a range of file types to choose from, including PDF, Microsoft Excel, CSV, text and more.
- Select the document you want to save then click Export.
- Enter a file name, then choose the type of file you want to save as, then click Save.
- Enter any required criteria, then click OK.
Export a report to Excel
To use this option, you must have a compatible version of Microsoft Excel installed on the same computer as Sage 50cloud Payroll.
- Select the document you want to save then click report to Excel.
- If the report contains criteria, enter the ranges for the information you want to see, then click OK.
The report automatically opens Microsoft Excel.
Email a Report
If you have Microsoft Outlook, you can email reports from your software as attachments without the need to configure any settings.
- Select the document you want to save then click Email.
- If required, enter your criteria, then click OK.
A missing email settings screen appears.
- Click Yes, then select your Provider and Format.
- Click OK.
If you would like help finding a report or running a report in Sage 50cloud Payroll or need any other help or advice with your payroll please contact us