There are times you need to record one off payments, such as a payment of bank interest or purchases from petty cash.
- Click Bank accounts.
- Select the account to make the payment from
- Click Bank payment.
- a) Bank * – check you have selected the correct bank account or select the account you require. TAB
- b) Date * – enter the date of the transaction. TAB
- c) Ref – you can enter a reference if required eg cheque number or petty cash voucher. TAB
- d) Ex. Ref – you can enter an additional reference if required or leave blank. TAB
- e) N/C * – Enter the relevant Nominal Code. TAB
- f) Department * – enter the relevant department or just click across. TAB
- g) Project Ref – select the relevant Project if required. TAB
- h) Cost Code* – select the relevant cost code if required. TAB
- i) Details – enter some details about the transactions. TAB
- j) Net – enter the net amount, if you do not know the net amount you can enter the gross amount and click Calculate net (F9). TAB
- k) T/C* – select the correct VAT code. TAB
- l) Tax – check that the VAT has been calculated correctly, if not amend as required. TAB
- m) Gross – this is calculated automatically and you can just use it to check the amount is correct.
- You can either click Save or carry on with the next line.
Memo if a transaction is made up of more than one item eg you have been to the supermarket and purchased tea and coffee together with A4 paper you might want to split these items to sundries and stationery, just split the transaction over two lines using the same date and reference but different nominal codes, amounts and tax codes, just make sure that the Gross total at the bottom agrees to the total of the receipt when you have finished.
If you would like help entering one off payments or need any other help with your Sage Accounts please contact us