Correcting Personal Employee information

Now is a good time to check that all the personal information you hold on Sage 50 Payroll for your employees is correct and if needed you can correct anything before the payroll year end.

Correcting Employee Details

If you submit an FPS and an employee’s personal details are incorrect, you must contact HMRC to report this.

  • If the employee’s personal details have changed, for example surname or address, then advise your employee to contact HMRC to report the change. You can then enter the correct employee details into their record for submission on your next FPS.
  • If the error relates to the date the employees started for you, do not change the start date on your next FPS as this results in duplication of the employee’s record on HMRC systems. If you need to correct an error of this nature, contact HMRC.

Note: If you enter the details into Sage, but don’t report the changes to HMRC, the new details don’t update on the employee’s HMRC record.  This may result in a query from HMRC.

Two useful reports you can use are:-

  • Employee Details – Personal – which shows personal details for each employee from the employee record including name and address, date of birth and marital status etc.
  • Employee Details Verification Letter – which can be sent to your employees to confirm the details you hold are correct.

If you need help checking or updating your employees’ details or need any other help or advice with your payroll please contact us

Not all accountants are grey.

Call us now for your FREE consultation on 01691 654545 or click here...