Correcting personal employee information

If you have submitted an FPS and then you find an employee’s personal details are incorrect in Sage 50cloud Payroll, there are various things you need to do.

  • If the employee’s personal details have changed, for example surname or address, they might have moved house, you must advice your employee to contact HMRC to report the change, it is their responsibility to do this. You can enter the correct employee details into their record for submission on your next FPS when they have reported the change to HMRC.
  • If the error relates to the date the employee started work for you, DO NOT change the start date on your next FPS as this results in duplication of the employee’s record on HMRC systems, which will cause massive problems. If you need to correct this error, contact HMRC.

NOTE: If you enter the new details in your software, but do not report the changes to HMRC, the new details don’t update on the employee’s record at HMRC.  This might result in a query from HMRC.

If you would like help setting up new employees or correcting/changing details for an employee or need any other help or advice with your payroll please contact us

Not all accountants are grey.

Call us now for your FREE consultation on 01691 654545 or click here...