Forgotten to claim Employment Allowance in a previous tax year?

You will need to contact HMRC if you need to claim a refund etc.

To claim Employment Allowance in a Previous Year.

  1. Click Payroll, then click Change Process Date.
  2. Enter 05/04/XXXX, then click OK.
  3. Click Company, then click Settings.
  4. If the Eligible for Employment Allowance check box is ticked, you should untick it, then follow the on-screen instructions to submit the Employer Payment Summary (EPS).

NOTE: if it isn’t ticked, skip to step 6.

  1. Once you have submitted the EPS go back into Company, then click Settings.
  2. Click Apply for EA.
  3. From the State Aid drop-down menu, select one of the following options:
  • Applicable
  • Not Applicable

If State Aid is applicable, select the relevant Sate Aid Sector.

  1. Click Submit then click Continue.
  2. Click Submit then click
  3. Select the Eligible for Employment Allowance Check box, then submit the EPS again.
  4. Repeat for each tax year that you forgot to claim employment allowance.

TIP: Now re-print the P32 report for each period to see how much Employment Allowance is now being claimed.  You can then use this to reconcile against the liability you have already paid to HMRC.

If you would like help claiming the Employment Allowance for a previous year or need any other help or advice with your payroll please contact us

Not all accountants are grey.

Call us now for your FREE consultation on 01691 654545 or click here...