Sage 50cloud Accounts
Problems with missing reports and layouts
If you find that you are missing a report or layout that you previously had there are various steps that you can follow to restore the report or layout.
Standard reports and layouts
You can restore the reports and layouts backup files either from this folder:
C:\Program Data\Sage\Accounts\*your version*\DataRestores
Or you can go onto Sage’s website and download the reports and layouts backup for your version.
Customised reports and layouts
Missing customised reports and layouts can be caused by one of the following:
• The file has been deleted.
• You have moved machines or servers and have restored a data files only backup.
• You have upgraded versions and the report has not transferred over.
Restore your reports and/or layouts only backup
If you have taken a backup that includes reports and/or layouts, your customised reports and documents can be restored.
If your backup also includes data files, these will overwrite your current data, check to see if it also includes attachments and company archives. Make sure you take a current data only backup (you might need to include attachments and company archives) before restoring. You can restore this after you restore your reports and layouts.
1. On the menu bar, click File then click Restore.
2. Click Browse then browse to where you saved your backup that includes the reports and layouts, click Open.
3. Click OK then click Yes.
4. Click OK, enter your login name and password, then click OK.
5. Check to see if the customised report or layout is there that you need.
Note: Once you find your missing report or layout, if the back-up you restored includes data files, attachments or company archives, restore your data, attachments and Company archive backup. This will bring your data back up to date without affecting the re-discovered reports and layouts.
Tip: Once you have restored the missing customised report(s) and/or layout(s), take a reports and layout only backup and label it accordingly, for future reference.
Copy the files into your data directory
If you can locate the customised files, for example on another machine or in the previous versions reports directory, you can restore the document.
1. Open Sage 50cloud Accounts and log into the company you want to save the document to.
2. Double click the customised file, then enter the company login details to access Report Designer.
3. Click File, then click Save As
Report Designer automatically directs to the correct folder.
4. Click Save.
Check Use Data path for reports
If you have a multi-user licence, you can choose whether the company runs its reports from your local directory, or if it uses the data directory to locate the reports. If this has been changed, it can result in reports not being located by your software.
1. Click Settings, then click Company Preferences.
2. Click Reporting
3. Check if Use data path for reports is selected.
Check the layouts folder
Layouts including Invoices, Credit notes, Sales and Purchase Orders and Statements are all stored in the Layouts folder in your data directory.
To access the layouts folder from within your software:
1. Click Invoices and Credits, then click any record.
2. Click Print, then click Layouts.
3. Right-click any layout in the list, then select Show in Explorer.
The layouts folder will then open.
• You should check this folder for the layout you are expecting to see. If it isn’t in here, you must locate it and add it to this folder.
• If you can see the layout in one company and not another, you should copy the file from the first company’s layout folder, then paste into the folder of the second company.
Tip: Letter layouts are stored in the Letters folder. To access this, repeat the above steps using Customers, then selecting Letters.
If you would like help restoring or finding missing reports or layouts or need help customising any reports or layouts etc or need any other help, please contact us