Quick Statutory Maternity Pay (SMP)
You can quickly record SMP and keep track of employee’s maternity leave using the Quick SMP option.
- Go into your Payroll, then click Change Process Date.
- Enter the required process date, then click OK.
- Select the required employee, then click Employee.
- Click Recording Maternity.
If a message appears advising that you have already paid SMP to this employee, to record details for another child, click Yes.
- If the employee has given you suitable medical evidence, select this check box.
- Enter the date the baby is expected to be born.
- To check the employee’s entitlement, click Check Entitlement.
- Enter the date the employee last worked before starting her maternity leave.
SMP does not start until this date and cannot start more than 11 weeks prior to the expected date of birth.
- If known, enter the date the baby is born.
You can enter this information at a later date when the baby is born. If the baby is born late and the employee’s last date of work is after the expected date of birth, you must enter the actual date of birth. If the baby is born more than 11 weeks early, please enter the date and refer to step 11.
- If the employee chooses to end her maternity leave, enter the date she returns to work.
- If applicable, click Special Circumstances and complete the relevant information.
- Click OK then click Earnings during set period.
- Click OK then check the key dates and if required, print the form using the link then click Save.
The SMP calculates automatically, up to your current process date. To check the amounts open Enter Payments then click the Summary tab then check the value in the Current column.
If you would like help recording SMP or need any other help or advice with your payroll please contact us