Preventing postings before a specified date in Sage 50cloud Accounts
Sometimes you might want to stop transactions being posted before a certain date, for example to close down a previous year or month. You can do this using the Lock Date feature.
How it works
Once you have set the lock date, if anyone tries to post a transaction dated before the lock date, a warning message appears.
- If you are logged in as manager you can override the warning and post to the locked period.
- Users with lock data access can also override the lock date and post to the locked period.
- Users with no lock date access cannot post to the lock period. They can still create invoices, sales and purchase orders with a date before the lock date, but they cannot update or post the items.
To set a lock date
- On the menu bar click Settings then click Lock Date.
- Select the Lock posting before check box, enter the required date then click OK.
Configure a user’s lock date access rights
- Open sage accounts and log in as Manager
- On the menu bar click Settings then click Access Rights.
- Select the required user from the list then click Edit.
- Expand the Settings
- Allow access to override the lock date, select the Lock date settings check box. Alternatively, to remove access, clear the check box.
- Click OK then click Close.