Add negative value items to sales invoices
In Sage 50 Accounts V23 and above, you can add negative value items to product invoices using the special product codes S1, S2 and S3. You can also add negative lines to service invoices.
Tip: The standard invoice layouts available with Sage 50 V23 are set up to show negative items lines. If you are using a customised invoice layout, you can edit it to show negative lines.
- Create an invoice as normal.
- Click the next available item line, then for a service invoice, enter some details and press F3. For a product invoice, click the down arrow and double click a special product or type in the code and click Return.
- Click the Make Negative check-box.
- For the Unit Price, enter the amount as a positive value.
- Complete the item line details, then click OK.
- Enter any other details as required.
- Click Save, then click Close.
Note: The value of the negative item(s) should not exceed the total of the positive item(s) on the invoice. If you are using VAT Cash Accounting scheme, then the total value negative items for any tax code should not exceed the total value of that tax code.