Creating new business letters
It is now even easier to create your own letters to send to customers and suppliers direct from Sage 50 Accounts. You can download and restore a letters only backup, then you can use the new templates to enter your own content.
The letters only backup
- Before restoring the letters only backup it is recommended that you take a backup of your data.
- Go to Help > Help centre.
- Type in 41232 – there will then be a link to Download the letters only backup. Depending on your web browser, it may automatically download to your Downloads folder.
- On the menu bar, click File > Restore.
- Click Browse then browse to the location of the letters only backup.
- Locate and click ‘Letter_only.001’ then click ‘Open’.
- Click OK >Yes
- Click OK, enter your logon name and password.
- Click OK.
Create a new letter
- Click ‘Customers’ or ‘Suppliers’
- Click ‘Letters’ then click ‘Letters’.
- Click ‘Customer Letter Template’ or ‘Supplier Letter Template’.
- Click ‘Edit’ and then select ‘Please enter your text here’ text box.
- Press Enter and then type the required text.
- When complete, click a blank area outside the text box.
- On the menu Click ‘Report’ and the click ‘Report Properties’
- In ‘Report name’, enter a new name.
- In ‘Report Description’, enter your description.
- Click ‘OK’ then click ‘File’ then ‘Save As’.
- Enter a file name then click Save.
- Click File > Exit.